In The Media
- Out In The Open Radio Hour – Shapeshifters In The Studio – HB Lozito, Out in the Open, November 2019
The Out in the Open Radio Hour showcases LGBTQ identities from all over New England! We were delighted to come chat with HB about our lives and our work. Talking points: Tumblr, cosplay, Ursula K. LeGuin, and being trans in the sticks. Interstitial: Lizzo, Rae Spoon, and The Mountain Goats. If you want to know us, listen to this.
- Shapeshifters Custom Garments Are For All – Chris Gilmore, Trans Headlines, November 2019
An in-depth interview for the inaugural issue of Trans Headlines on why we do what we do.
“Humans are wildly diverse; human bodies come in millions and billions of variants. Our products are for humans. We try to meet each customer where they’re at.“
- Shapeshifters: Made to fit in Brattleboro (with VIDEO) – Chris Mays, The Brattleboro Reformer, December 2018
Contains rare footage of Eli and Krista in their natural habitats, operating machinery and being nerds about sewing.
- Physical transformations: Custom body binders help customers shift their shapes – Wendy M. Levy, The Commons, August 2017
The Commons is our local independent newspaper. Wendy came to interview us when we were still working out of our dining room!
- Shapeshifters: Bespoke Binders Put Fun on Your Chest – A.E. Osworth, AutoStraddle, December 2018
“There are so few opportunities to look at your binder maker in the face, and that person is another trans person, and they say yes, we recognize that your body is different than all other bodies and here are the ways we can make accommodations for that. In fact, I would argue that there are so few opportunities that this may be the only one. Or at least, the only one I could’ve stumbled into. It felt so nice to have someone take such care.”
- Binding for Plus Size Babes – J., ComfyFat, September 2018
“My experience with [Shapeshifters] has been incredible! They hand-make every binder and therefore have an unlimited size range. They require a few measurements and truly value bodies for being diverse and unique.”
(Want to review us? Contact us here!)
- Shapeshifters – Lifting People Up – Lesley A. Dyson, Vermont Innovator, Winter 2019 Issue
“Actress Margaret Rutherford said that, ‘Success is having the hearts of people and lifting them up.” Eli feels that clients come to Shapeshifters “as a last resort – people trust us with their life. [We’re] both passionate about bringing everyone safe, effective, comfortable, and fashionable garments that allow everyone, no matter their needs, to express their gender in a way that brings them joy.’ And in that, Shapeshifters is already a success.”
Vermont entrepreneurs charting their own course – Valerie Stuart, Southern Vermont Living, May 2019
- What is a Chest Binder and How Does It Work? – Reviewed, July 2021
- In The Lingerie Addict: Lingerie As Outerwear For Pride | Top 5 Binder Brands for Every Body and Budget | Trans Swimwear, Part 2: Swimsuits for Trans Men and Other Transmasculine People
- 15 Queer and Inclusive Businesses to Support for Pride and Beyond – Volup2
- 8 Ways To Safely, Discreetly, And Affordably Get Your Hands On A Chest Binder – BuzzFeed, July 2017
- 11 Of The Best Binders You Can Buy, According To A Trans Person – Bustle, January 2017
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Buying Your First Chest Binder – Bustle, February 2016
- Making Queer History Now – Making Queer History, October 2018