In The Media
- In a bind, Brattleboro company ‘shapeshifts’ to make face masks – Olivia Belanger, Keene Sentinel, May 2020
- Out In The Open Radio Hour – Shapeshifters In The Studio – HB Lozito, Out in the Open, November 2019
We were delighted to come chat with HB about our lives and our work. Talking points: Tumblr, cosplay, Ursula K. LeGuin, and being trans in the sticks. Interstitial: Lizzo, Rae Spoon, and The Mountain Goats. If you want to know us, listen to this.
- Shapeshifters Custom Garments Are For All – Chris Gilmore, Trans Headlines, November 2019
- Shapeshifters: Made to fit in Brattleboro (with VIDEO) – Chris Mays, The Brattleboro Reformer, December 2018
Contains rare footage of Eli and Krista in their natural habitats, operating machinery and being nerds about sewing.
- Physical transformations: Custom body binders help customers shift their shapes – Wendy M. Levy, The Commons, August 2017
The Commons is our local independent newspaper. Wendy came to interview us when we were still working out of our dining room!
- Shapeshifters: Bespoke Binders Put Fun on Your Chest – A.E. Osworth, AutoStraddle, December 2018
“There are so few opportunities to look at your binder maker in the face, and that person is another trans person, and they say yes, we recognize that your body is different than all other bodies and here are the ways we can make accommodations for that. In fact, I would argue that there are so few opportunities that this may be the only one. Or at least, the only one I could’ve stumbled into. It felt so nice to have someone take such care.”
- Binding for Plus Size Babes – J., ComfyFat, September 2018
“My experience with [Shapeshifters] has been incredible! They hand-make every binder and therefore have an unlimited size range. They require a few measurements and truly value bodies for being diverse and unique.”
- Also see our Testimonials page, plus the tag on Tumblr!
(Want to review us? Contact us here!)
- Shapeshifters – Lifting People Up – Lesley A. Dyson, Vermont Innovator, Winter 2019 Issue
Vermont entrepreneurs charting their own course – Valerie Stuart, Southern Vermont Living, May 2019
- What is a Chest Binder and How Does It Work? – Reviewed, July 2021
- In The Lingerie Addict: Lingerie As Outerwear For Pride | Top 5 Binder Brands for Every Body and Budget | Trans Swimwear, Part 2: Swimsuits for Trans Men and Other Transmasculine People
- 15 Queer and Inclusive Businesses to Support for Pride and Beyond – Volup2
- 8 Ways To Safely, Discreetly, And Affordably Get Your Hands On A Chest Binder – BuzzFeed, July 2017
- 11 Of The Best Binders You Can Buy, According To A Trans Person – Bustle, January 2017
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Buying Your First Chest Binder – Bustle, February 2016
- Making Queer History Now – Making Queer History, October 2018